Website Coffey Testing
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to lead our small dynamic Nowra team who are vital in ensuring the quality and safety of the construction materials used in some of Australia’s largest rail, mining and infrastructure projects. This role involves:
- Supervision and management of laboratory staff including training of technicians;
- Coordination of day-to-day operations of the Nowra Testing laboratory;
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on testing schedules, methods, procedures and results;
- Ensuring all sampling, testing and reporting is carried out in accordance with the specifications, using appropriate test methods;
- Preparation of test reports including ensuring all reports issued with NATA endorsement are checked for accuracy before issue;
- Preparation of client invoices;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with Coffey Testing’s Laboratory Management Manual and ISO9001/IEC17025;
- Ensuring all laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated; and
- Ensuring safe operating procedures are adopted by all staff.
Along with a decent salary, the successful candidate will also be provided with a company vehicle and mobile phone. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
You demonstrate excellent communication skills, commitment, motivation and a desire to deliver work to the highest standard.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 6+ years’ experience in laboratory and field testing of a range of different construction materials to relevant Australian and RMS standards;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential when dealing with a range of different stakeholders including clients and Coffey Testing employees;
- 2+ years’ experience managing a small team of staff in a laboratory environment;
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements, including the ability to prepare and report NATA-certified results to clients (NATA signatory status desireable);
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to quality assurance and workplace safety;
- Has the ability to work autonomously and displays a level of self-motivation; and
- Can work effectively under pressure, scheduling and prioritising work to meet client deadlines.
- Diploma in Laboratory Techniques is advantageous.
All successful applicants will undergo a pre-employment medical as part of our recruitment process.
Here at Coffey Testing our employees are our biggest asset and we want our employees to experience job satisfaction. At Coffey Testing we have a range of employee benefits we offer nationally across the business;
- Investment in our employees growth and development through both internal and company funded external training;
- Opportunities to travel;
- Company initiatives such as recognition & rewards program, monthly lab events and competitions;
- Supportive and friendly team environment;
- Health & Wellness initiatives;
- Additional paid parental leave; and
- Career advancement opportunities.
As one of Australia’s largest construction materials testing providers, we’ve been delivering testing services to the transport infrastructure, oil and gas and mining industries for over 50 years. We have an extensive network of permanent and site-specific testing facilities located across Australia, including in some of Australia’s most remote locations.
With that amount of experience and millions of tests under our belt – our clients choose us to provide deep insights into the properties of the materials they’re dealing with.
We apply specialised testing and analysis services, using international best practice and conformance standards to achieve detailed, quality results. We provide independent NATA accredited testing services.
We believe in equal opportunity
At Coffey Testing, we pride ourselves on having a culturally diverse workforce and embrace the notion of equity.
We value the different talents, experiences and perspectives a culturally diverse workforce brings to our business.
Enquiries only – no applications will be accepted to this email address.