Website Coffey Testing
About the roles
We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our Coffey Testing Adelaide Laboratory team who are vital in ensuring the quality and safety of the construction materials used in some of Australia’s largest rail, mining and infrastructure projects.
These roles are targeting keen individuals, looking to kick start a career in the CMT industry. Well suited to school leavers or applicants with a passion for hands on, physical work.
These entry-level technician roles involve:
- Undertaking high volume compaction control testing in the laboratory;
- Undertaking a variety of other manual tasks involved in preparing and testing soil & aggregate samples in the laboratory;
- Ensuring testing is performed in accordance with industry standards;
- Undertaking basic quality assurance checks; and
- Ensuring accuracy of test results and timely output of work.
There will also be the requirement for technicians to undertake adhoc, short-term project work (FIFO) on a newly secured project, dependent on the individuals circumstances.
You’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills, commitment and a desire to deliver work to the highest standard.
- Displays a keen interest in a career in the CMT industry;
- Demonstrates an unwavering commitment to quality assurance and workplace safety;
- Is self motivated with the ability to work autonomously throughout the day, whilst also being a team player in the lab;
- Can work effectively under pressure, to meet expected productivity levels; and
- Is physically fit and able to perform a manual labour-intensive role which includes heavy lifting.
All successful applicants will undergo a medical assessment including drug & alcohol screen as part of our recruitment process.
Here at Coffey Testing our employees are our biggest asset and we want our employees to experience job satisfaction. At Coffey Testing we have a range of employee benefits we offer nationally across the business;
- Investment in our employees growth and development through both internal and company funded external training;
- Opportunities to travel;
- Company initiatives such as a recognition & reward program, monthly lab events/competitions and health and wellness initiatives;
- Supportive and friendly team environment;
- Covered by an Enterprise Agreement offering above Award conditions to all technical staff;
- Additional paid parental leave; and
- Career advancement opportunities.
As one of Australia’s largest construction materials testing providers, we’ve been delivering testing services to the transport infrastructure, oil and gas and mining industries for over 50 years. We have an extensive network of permanent and site-specific testing facilities located across Australia, including in some of Australia’s most remote locations.
With that amount of experience and millions of tests under our belt – our clients choose us to provide deep insights into the properties of the materials they’re dealing with.
We apply specialised testing and analysis services, using international best practice and conformance standards to achieve detailed, quality results. We provide independent NATA accredited testing services.
We believe in equal opportunity
At Coffey Testing, we pride ourselves on having a culturally diverse workforce and embrace the notion of equity.
We value the different talents, experiences and perspectives a culturally diverse workforce brings to our business.
For questions related to employment with Coffey Testing only. No applications to be submitted to this address.