The 450MW wind farm will produce enough electricity to power approx. 330,000 Queensland homes and avoid 738,000 tonnes of carbon emissions each year.
- Client: Squadron
- Duration: Civil Stage – due to be completed 3rd quarter 2024, with the opportunity to be an ongoing project
- Location: 150km North-West of Rockhampton and 150km South of Mackay
Our Coffey Testing team in Rockhampton are honoured and privileged to have been contracted by multiple contractors to assist with the Clarke Creek Wind Farm Project by Squadron.
Wind energy is the gateway to our future when it comes to preserving our Earth, and our Coffey Testing team are thrilled to share our expertise and capabilities in this particular sector.
In a year, the 450MW wind farm will:
- Produce enough energy to power approximately 330,000 Queensland homes.
- Avoid 738K Tonnes of emissions.
- Create 350 jobs.
- Create a regional investment of $110 million.
The Coffey Testing team have been undertaking the following testing:
- Thorough groundwork completion, include thorough geo-investigations, concrete testing and active participation in day-to-day construction.
- Geophone and pad designs and certification.
- Compaction testing, and
- Level One Supervision.
The civil stage of the project is due to be completed within the 3rd quarter of 2024, with the potential for ongoing work over the next couple of years.