Wind energy is one of Australia’s main sources of renewable energy. It generates enough energy to meet 35.9% of the country’s electricity demands and 9.9% of Australia’s overall electricity supply. By 2030, wind energy is projected to share 50% of electricity generation in Australia. This is a massive opportunity for major players for those already involved or wanting to be involved in the renewable industry.
Coffey Testing- Rockhampton are eager to share their expertise and capabilities in the Wind Energy Sector. Through their commitment to delivering exceptional results, the Rockhampton team can assist with the following testing methods.
A geo-investigation, also known as soil testing, can allow for further insight to be gained into the ground conditions and current soil composition of the ground. This allows Project Managers to site plan with confidence and cut out the risks from the very beginning of the construction process.
When it comes to the integrity of the Wind Farm, ensuring that the foundations are suitable for being built on top of, will determine the success of the overarching project, and will cut costs of project maintenance and renewal in the future.
Wind farms are typically built on a mountain or somewhere in which they are elevated from the ground. This is so that when the wind hits the turbines, they will kinetically move. It is important that not only the foundations are stable, but that the overall structure of the tower is in stable condition.
Coffey Testing can provide expertise on ensuring that your Wind Farm is stable and erect throughout the construction stage, ensuring that crane pads meet the design strength and design parameters.
This is to ensure that, when cranes are erecting the different components of the Wind Farm such as the turbines, towers, gearboxes and blades are stable and kept in place, minimises risk that can be associated with unstable and dodgy construction practices.
Coffey Testing’s nationwide team of qualified technicians can perform Level 1 Site Supervision and Testing, which is in accordance with AS3798-2007 Guidelines on Earthworks for Commercial and Residential Developments.
Coffey Testing’s network of Australian-wider stakeholders ensure that we have the appropriate experts on-hand to have your certification completed in a timely manner whilst reducing your construction risk exposure. When it comes to safety, Coffey Testing prioritises this.
Our desire to expand in the wind energy sector is backed by a strong track record of successful projects.
Let Coffey Testing – Rockhampton be your partner in facilitating your next wind energy project – Get in touch today for a quote.
Coffey Testing is a proudly owned, Australian business that has NATA accredited laboratories located nation-wide.
NATA, which is abbreviated from National Association of Testing Authorities, is Australia’s only national accreditation body for laboratories. Put simply, an accreditation by NATA demonstrates an organisation meeting or exceeding minimum standards in the production and delivery of its conformity assessment activities.
Coffey Testing are the industry leaders in Geotechnical and Civil Construction Material Testing Industry in Australia, with over 60 years’ experience in soils, concrete, aggregates, and also providing our clients with specialty testing, which is required on soft soils, aggregates and rock.
The reasons as to why it is so important to highlight Coffey Testing’s NATA accreditation is due to:
- Quality assurance: Having a globally-recognised, peer-reviewed and government endorsed accreditation provides clients that have a relationship with Coffey Testing to have reassurance regarding the quality of work and a unique level of expertise and professionalism when it comes to getting the job done.
- Recognition: NATA is nationally and internationally recognised, providing Coffey Testing with a competitive advantage when compared to competitors that may not be accredited, and ensures our readiness to capitalise on trade opportunities.
- International: NATA is heavily involved with international groups, allowing Coffey Testing in turn to gain international recognition. This is important as it minimises the need for multiple assessments from different suppliers in order to receive an accreditation.
- Competence: Receiving a NATA accreditation demonstrates Coffey Testing’s commitment to quality, safety, and reliability of the services we provide to our clients.
- Education: NATA has been training individuals and teams alike for over 20 years, spreading more awareness around the importance of being accredited within the field of Geotechnical and Civil Construction Material Testing.
- Innovation: Due to NATA’s innovative and timely business solutions, Coffey Testing has unique advantages over competitors, that include but are not limited to, versatile and cost friendly tests that can provide accurate insights and allow project managers to create proactive solutions and plans for a range of different projects.
If you have any questions or enquiries, contact our sales team today to find out which NATA accredited test will best suit your next project.
Our Adelaide team, working with Aurecon, have successfully completed testing for Phase 2 Ground Investigations and are currently undertaking testing for Phase 3 Ground Investigations for the Department for Infrastructure and Transport’s Torrens to Darlington Project (T2D); the most significant road infrastructure project ever undertaken in South Australia! Read more
Our Pavement Investigations Team have recently been conducting Benkelman Beam Deflection Monitoring in Quialigo, a remote location south of Goulburn, NSW. Read more
What an adventure! Our Darwin Technician, Sanjeewa, recently carried out Nuclear Density Testing on Melville Island for the NT Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics’ Upgrade and Seal Paru Road Project. The project aims to improve road access and safety for local communities. Read more
Our Darwin team have recently been down at Daly River, NT conducting soil and concrete testing for the Port Keats Road and Saddle Rail Creek Bridge Upgrades. Read more
We are pleased to announce that Daracon Group have recently awarded Coffey Testing the Geotechnical Testing contract for the Memorial Avenue Upgrade in Kellyville, NSW.